Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hey!
I just got back from Angel Falls and am now heading to Barquisimeto! I`m leaving on bus tonight at 9 and gets into Barquisimeto tomorrow at 11 am. I`m really exited to spend some time with Pachi and his family and get to experience more of the culture of Venezuela besides the tourists, hostal, and tour guide life!
Angel Falls was amazing! I was able to take a puddle jumper plane from paraqua to Canaima. Smallest plane I ever took, 6 people including the pilot! I learned some Pemon from the Kamaracoto people who are the the indigenous group in the area and are only 46,000 people in total! Then we motor canoed all the way up the river to our campsite where the tourists (4 Japanese, 2 Austrians, 2 Americans, 2 Brits, 1 German, 1 Swiss, and me the German-American) where fed and then slept in hammocks. First time I slept in a hammock and it was a lot of tossing and turning. Next day we headed to ¨The Falls¨. It might not be the rainy season but damn! that thing is huge! 1 km high and the water barely makes it to the bottom as a liquid! We swam and trampled through the rainforest and finally headed back. I will post pics when I get home because my words will not do justice to the real thing.
Dangerous motor canoeing back to Canaima because it's harder going down river with low water and lots of rocks but our guides got us back in one piece! Thank you Tony, Chino and Captain who I don't know the name of!

So I will be in Barquisimeto until I have to leave from Caracas on the 11th. Maybe we will do some small trips around Barquisimeto but at this point i will be nice just to relax after traveling for 2 weeks.
By the way, we just heard about the recent conflict between Equador, Colombia, and Venezuela and I have been talking with Pachi and the head office of the tour i just did and they have been saying that the main problems are in Colombia and Equador.

Keep tuned in! I'll write more when I get to Barquisimeto!


No comments:

Fonda!

Fonda!
Fonda con puesta de Sol (Fonda with sunset)

Punta de Lobos

Punta de Lobos
Sunshine Shell

Punta de Lobos Album

Punta de Lobos Album
"Sombra Azul"

Pinche Playa

Pinche Playa
right NEAR the beach BOYO

Pichilemu

Pichilemu
ASADO

Ricardo and Nicardo

Ricardo and Nicardo
Playin with the new camera

Nick`s family

Nick`s family
Pops and Adam

More Family

More Family
Mum and Tanya

Nick at the Fonda in U. of Santiago

Nick at the Fonda in U. of Santiago
Que?

Fonda Fonda!

Fonda Fonda!
Isabel Y Ri

Singing Violetta Parra

Singing Violetta Parra
Isabel and Friend

Best dog in the world

Best dog in the world
Osso (bear) dog

Reunion!

Reunion!
Joe, Nick, and Beka